Blue Angels, Thunderbirds to fly over Atlanta
If you live near downtown Atlanta, or any hospitals in the area, you’ll want to look up to the sky on Saturday afternoon.
The U.S. Navy’s, the Blue Angels, and the U.S. Air Force’s, the Thunderbirds, will honor front line COVID-19 responders and essential workers with formation flights over the city.
“America Strong is a way for both teams to show appreciation to the thousands of doctors, nurses, first responders and essential workers out there serving on the front line day-in and day-out,” said Cmdr. Brian Kesselring, U.S. Navy Blue Angels commanding officer and flight leader for the flyover. “This is an extraordinary and unprecedented time but we will get through this. We are all in this together.”
Flyovers in Atlanta will start at 1:35 p.m. and last approximately 25 minutes, they said in a news release.
Tentatively, they are expected to fly over these hospitals at the following times:
- WellStar Kennestone Hospital 1:35
- Piedmont Hospital 1:37
- Atlanta VA Hospital 1:38
- Northside Hospital/Children’s at Scottish Rite 1:39
- Grady Memorial Hospital/Children’s at Hughes Spalding 1:44
- Atlanta Medical Center 1:44
- Emory University Hospital/Children’s at Egleston 1:44
- Piedmont Fayette Hospital 1:49
- Piedmont Newnan Hospital 1:56
Author: Jason Braverman (11Alive)
Published: 9:44 AM EDT April 30, 2020
Updated: 10:29 AM EDT May 2, 2020